“To make Hakomi effective a practitioner must be more than just someone who knows a method. The practitioner must be someone whose very presence can be healing, a person who has all the qualities needed to support emotional healing in another.” – Ron Kurtz
Its Essence and Its Art
Sept 1-3, 2023
(2 1/2 days of training)
The Essence of The Hakomi Method
We learn the simple things and we practice them to perfection
– Friday 5:00 – 7:30 pm
– Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
“Art is the elimination of unnecessary” – Picasso
Cost $350 USD
Register Early. Limited to 20 student/participants
The hours from this immersion apply towards Certification. (A total of 24 days of level one training are required for certification.) See more about certification.
We will gradually deepen into the fundamental practices that hold the method.
- Loving Presence: Emerges as a way of being and gives a tone to everything we do. It is natural, enjoyable, respectful, non-hierarchical, and mutually nourishing.
- Quieting the Mind: Lowering the noise of the mind to allow for more awareness of what is occurring to allow the practice of mindfulness to study ourselves
- Non-Verbal Awareness: Since 90% of emotional information is communicated non-verbally, we use the body behavior as indicators for bringing beliefs safely into awareness, where they can be experienced, evaluated and changed in supportive, beneficial and productive ways.
- Nourishing Communication: An invitation to explore the intent and quality of our communication and the ways in which we offer and receive emotional nourishment.
Practice sessions will be available in the second half. We will be sharing some of Ron’s latest material.
Our retreat will be held at Hidden Springs in Ashland, Oregon.
Hidden Springs is located approx. 2 miles from downtown Ashland and 30 minutes from Rogue Valley International Airport.
- Enjoy the quiet, peaceful environment
- Spacious private meeting room
- Walk in the garden and sit by the pool
- Free time to integrate your experience
See Hidden Springs.
Your Stay in Ashland, Oregon
- Lodging and meals are on you. There are excellent BnB’s, as well as restaurants close to downtown.
- Take time on your own to explore Ashland and Lythia Park.
- Easy access to and from Medford Airport (approx. 15 miles away)
- Nestled in a valley, surrounded by mountains filled with wild lakes and streams
- Explore the area. Ashland is just 1 1/2 hours from Mount Shasta and 2 hrs from Crater Lake.
Ashland is where Ron Kurtz developed and taught the Refined Hakomi method. His legacy has now been passed on to trainers, Adama Hamilton and Silvia Kohen, who also call Ashland their home. Enjoy your time in this lovely little city. It’s home to the Shakespeare Festival and Southern Oregon University.
What’s Not Included:
- Airfare and Transportation to and from Ashland, Oregon and Hidden Springs
- Meals and snacks
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Cost of accommodation and associated services for overnights en route, caused by weather, flight schedules and other events.
- Refunds due to weather, fire, natural disasters or acts of God
* Uber, Lyft and airport transportation can be used. This is up to the participant to arrange.
“What I appreciate most about Adama is not his understanding of Ron’s therapeutic method, but his ability to offer it in a fresh way through their own sensibilities and personal style. I experience him as living a embodiment of Hakomi and have gained a way of being with others that is so much more than intellectual understanding.”
“Adama is a incredible teacher and facilitator. The group created an incredibly safe container for expressing some of the deepest parts of me.“
“Adama powerfully models loving presence that is creative, spontaneous, and real. They follow the energy of the group and provide the spaciousness and encouragement for the loving context for truly deep healing connections to unfold and for the undeniable cultivation of each participant’s self-knowing and self-love.”
“With grace and ease, Adama holds space to allow what wants to emerge, to come forth and be healed. His ‘doing’ is in the ‘not-doing’. “
Adama & Silvia
Adama Hamilton, MS
Legacy Holder / Certified Trainer
Silvia Kohen, MA
The 2023 Ashland Hakomi Immersion
$350 USD / person
A minimum of $100 USD deposit will secure your place. Please sign up as soon as possible, spots are limited!
Sept 1-3, 2023
2 1/2 days
The essence of The Hakomi Method
We would prefer if attendees pay by cash or check, if possible. You can secure your space by paying a deposit and then bringing the balance payment in-person, to the Hakomi Immersion. Or send it in the mail to Adama Hamilton. (See details on registration pages.)
Hakomi is for everyone and we have kept prices low to make it more accessible. We encourage you to pay what you can. For those with a little extra, there is an option to add a donation towards our scholarship fund. We also have options for partial scholarships or work-trade for individuals with limited funds. Send us a message if you’d like additional information.
Payment Terms and Conditions
Payments – Final Payments and Due Dates
All payments are due to Adama Hamilton, in full, by the start of the training, retreat or intensive for which you are registered.
Deposits are non-refundable.
Cancellations: Any cancellations must be sent in writing or by email. Please note that because our trainings and retreats are limited to small groups to allow for a more intimate experience. Our cancellation policy is in place to help students and us alike work together sharing expenses that may arise from unexpected cancellations.
- Your $100 deposit is non-refundable.
- Your non-refundable deposit may be transferable to another attendee (with advance notice and mutual agreement).
- Your full balance is due at the start date of our retreat.
- If you cancel within 10 days prior to retreat date (in writing) – the amount of the retreat, less the deposit, will be refunded.
- Cancellations made within 10 days of our retreat – no refunds given, no exceptions.
- Trip cancellation insurance is ALWAYS recommended when making travel plans. You can use our suggested Travel Guard Insurance online and choose from several policy options.
Place your deposit NOW with our secure online store (your deposit holds your spot).
When you hit the Add to Cart button, your selection will go immediately into the shopping cart. When you are finished making your selections, then click the “Checkout Now” button.
If you don’t wish to register online or are having issues, contact us. If you’ve found this retreat after the registration deadline – no worries! Send us a message and we’ll do our best to get you into the retreat or sign you up for our next one. If you prefer not to make payments online, please contact us. Money orders are also acceptable for your deposit. We look forward to sharing this experience with you!