Hakomi Summer Trainings
We are currently planning to go forward with our events as scheduled in July and August. The safety of our event attendees is our top priority, and we will make prudent and thoughtful decisions as the situation develops. Get more informantion here.
“To make Hakomi effective a practitioner must be more than just someone who knows a method. The practitioner must be someone whose very presence can be healing, a person who has all the qualities needed to support emotional healing in another.” – Ron Kurtz
Hakomi Immersion, Ashland, Oregon (USA)
Next Training: July 9-13, 2020
(5 days/4 nights)
Cost $650 USD
Early Bird Price $550 USD
When registered and paid in full by May 1, 2020
Limited to 20 student/participants
The Heart & Art of the Hakomi Method
Hakomi is an experiential body centered method of assisted self discovery.
The focus of this retreat is to explore ourselves first and making conscious the habits and beliefs that might interfere with having a wholesome life.
Discover how the Hakomi Method helps you.
We will gradually deepen into the fundamental practices that hold the method:
- Loving Presence: Emerges as a way of being and gives a tone to everything we do. It is natural, enjoyable, respectful, non-hierarchical, and mutually nourishing.
- Quieting the Mind: Lowering the noise of the mind to allow for more awareness of what is occurring to allow the practice of mindfulness to study ourselves
- Non-Verbal Awareness: Since 90% of emotional information is communicated non-verbally, we use the body behavior as indicators for bringing beliefs safely into awareness, where they can be experienced, evaluated and changed in supportive, beneficial and productive ways.
- Nourishing Communication: An invitation to explore the intent and quality of our communication and the ways in which we offer and receive emotional nourishment.
Supervised sessions will be available. We will be sharing some of Ron’s latest material.
Our retreat will be held at Hidden Springs in Ashland, Oregon.
Hidden Springs is located approx. 2 miles from downtown Ashland and 30 minutes from Rogue Valley International Airport.
- Enjoy the quiet, peaceful environment
- Spacious private meeting room
- Walk in the garden and sit by the pool
- Free time to integrate your experience
See Hidden Springs.
Your Stay in Ashland, Oregon
- Lodging and meals are on you. There are excellent BnB’s, as well as restaurants close to downtown.
- Take time on your own to explore Ashland and Lythia Park.
- Easy access to and from Medford Airport (approx. 15 miles away)
- Nestled in a valley, surrounded by mountains filled with wild lakes and streams
- Explore the area. Ashland is just 1 1/2 hours from Mount Shasta and 2 hrs from Crater Lake.
Ashland is where Ron Kurtz developed and taught the Refined Hakomi method. His legacy has now been passed on to trainers, Adama Hamilton and Silvia Kohen, who also call Ashland their home. Enjoy your time in this lovely little city. It’s home to the Shakespeare Festival and Southern Oregon University.
What’s Not Included:
- Airfare and Transportation to and from Ashland, Oregon and Hidden Springs
- Meals and snacks
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Cost of accommodation and associated services for overnights en route, caused by weather, flight schedules and other events.
- Refunds due to weather, fire, natural disasters or acts of God
* Uber, Lyft and airport transportation can be used. This is up to the participant to arrange.
“What I appreciate most about Adama is not his understanding of Ron’s therapeutic method, but his ability to offer it in a fresh way through their own sensibilities and personal style. I experience him as living a embodiment of Hakomi and have gained a way of being with others that is so much more than intellectual understanding.”
“Adama is a incredible teacher and facilitator. The group created an incredibly safe container for expressing some of the deepest parts of me.“
“Adama powerfully models loving presence that is creative, spontaneous, and real. They follow the energy of the group and provide the spaciousness and encouragement for the loving context for truly deep healing connections to unfold and for the undeniable cultivation of each participant’s self-knowing and self-love.”
“With grace and ease, Adama holds space to allow what wants to emerge, to come forth and be healed. His ‘doing’ is in the ‘not-doing’. “
Adama & Silvia
Adama Hamilton, MS
Legacy Holder / Certified Trainer
Silvia Kohen, MA
Sign Me Up.
The 2020 Ashland Hakomi Immersion
$650 USD / person
Early Bird Price Only $550 USD
When registered and paid in full by May 1st.
A $275 USD deposit is required to secure your place as soon as possible, spots are limited!
July 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13th, 2020
Final Payments due no later than 30 days prior to start of the retreat (June 9, 2020).
Payment Terms and Conditions
Payments – Final Payments and Due Dates
All payments are due to Adama Hamilton, in full, thirty days prior to the official starting date of the training, retreat or intensive for which you are registered.
Early Registration Payments
Early registration payments are due in full by the early registration deadline. If a deposit is paid, yet the full payment not completed by the early registration deadline, the original full payment amount will be due. No exceptions.
Cancellations: Any cancellations must be sent in writing or by email. Please note that because our trainings and retreats are limited to small groups to allow for a more intimate experience. Our cancellation policy is in place to help students and us alike work together sharing expenses that may arise from unexpected cancellations.
- Your $275 deposit is non-refundable.
- Your non-refundable deposit may be transferable to another attendee (with at least 30-days advance notice and mutual agreement).
- Your full balance is due 30 days before the start date of our retreat.
- If you cancel within 30 days of retreat date (in writing) – the amount of the retreat, less the deposit, will be refunded.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of our retreat – no refunds given, no exceptions.
- Trip cancellation insurance is ALWAYS recommended when making travel plans. You can use our suggested Travel Guard Insurance online and choose from several policy options.
Place your deposit NOW with our secure online store (your deposit holds your spot).
When you hit the blue Add to Cart button, your selection will go immediately into the shopping cart. When you are finished making your selections, then click the “Checkout Now” button.
If you don’t wish to register online or are having issues, contact us. If you’ve found this retreat after the registration deadline – no worries! Send us a message and we’ll do our best to get you into the retreat or sign you up for our next one. If you prefer not to make payments online, please contact us. Money orders are also acceptable for your deposit. We look forward to sharing this experience with you!